McFarland Dog Park
Subfacility of Urso Park
- Dog Park
- Enclosed Shelter
- Indoor Washing Station
- Outdoor Washing Station (Seasonal)
About the Dog Park
Located in Urso Park and accessible from Elvehjem Road, the McFarland Dog Park was opened in 2009.
Although this park is in Dane County, it is not a part of the Dane County Dog Park system. A separate permit and a municipal dog license is required in order to use this park.
The facility at the dog park is heated and open year round. It hosts two either sex restrooms, an indoor and outdoor dog washing station. The outdoor dog wash station is seasonal from approximately April to October. The water for both indoor and outdoor dog washing stations is tempered water (fixed temperature) for safety.
Daily Permits - Available at Park or Now Available Online
At the Park:
- Complete the Daily Dog Permit Self Registration Form available at the park.
- Place the white copy of the permit, along with payment, into the envelope and place into the collection tube.
- Keep the yellow carbon copy with you while using the park.
- Complete the Daily Dog Permit and submit the form with your payment per dog.
- A completed permit form will be emailed to the email provided.
Daily Permit Fees per dog $5.00
Annual Permits - In Person or Now Available online
Annual permits may be purchased in person at the McFarland Municipal Center at 5915 Milwaukee Street during regular business hours. A valid municipal dog license is required to purchase an annual permit.
- Complete the Annual Dog Park Permit and submit the form with your payment.
- Your completed permit application will be emailed to the email provided.
- A physical Dog Park Permit tag will be mailed to the property address provided in the application.
Annual Permit Fees
- McFarland Resident: $15
- McFarland Senior (55 and Older): $10
- Non-Resident: $25
- Each Additional Dog: $6
McFarland Dog Exercise Area Guidelines
- Users of this facility do so at their own risk. The Village of McFarland is not liable for any damage or injury to humans or pets.
- Dogs must wear current rabies, dog license, park permit, and owner ID tags. Those purchasing a daily permit must carry a copy of the permit while using the park.
- Dogs must remain on a leash until inside the gated park area.
- All waste must be picked up and placed in designated receptacles.
- Human food, glass containers, and smoking are prohibited.
- This is a playground for dogs. Children must be supervised closely at all times.
- Dogs must be under the control of the owner or responsible party.
- Dogs are not allowed to disturb wildlife or interfere with other park users.
- Dogs shall not intimidate, attack, or threaten any other person or another pet.
- Female dogs in heat and sick dogs are not allowed in the park.
- Dogs under 4 months of age that are not fully vaccinated are not allowed in the park.
- Aggressive dogs are not welcome. A dog behaving aggressively must be immediately leashed and removed from the area.
- Bring plenty of water to keep your pet hydrated during play.
Please see the "Guide to Keeping Pets Safe" which was created by Security.org. There's a bunch of information on how to keep your house and yard in order, precautions to take when you're away, and other helpful tips related to your dog's well-being