How do I obtain a copy of a police report or other record?

Requests for copies of police reports, accident reports, or other police records are made directly to the Police Department by filling out the Police Records Request Form.

Once received, the form is reviewed by a Department Supervisor who is specially trained in Wisconsin Open Records Law. You will be notified by the Department as to if the record can be released, and if so, when it will be available to you. There will typically be a nominal fee assessed for copies of documents.

Show All Answers

1. How do I file a complaint against an Officer?
2. How do I obtain a copy of a police report or other record?
3. I need to have my fingerprints taken. Will McFarland Police Department do this for me?
4. I'm being pulled over, but I have legitimate reason to believe that this may not be a real police officer. What should I do?
5. I've received a citation that I disagree with. What should I do?
6. Where can I find information pertaining to Wisconsin landlord and tenant rights and responsibilities?
7. What does the Thin Blue Line mean to the McFarland Police Department?