How do I apply for Traffic Safety School?

If you wish to reduce your demerit points on your driving record you may attend an approved traffic school, one of which is conducted at Madison Area Technical College (MATC) Madison. This procedure does not apply if your current violation results in revocation or suspension, or if school was ordered in lieu of revocation for Operating Under the Influence. Application for Traffic Safety School can be made at MATC or other state vocational schools by visiting the Wisconsin Department of Transportation’s Traffic Safety Courses page.

You need to mail the form at least ten days before the court date listed on your citation; you do not have to appear on your initial appearance court date.

Show All Answers

1. How may I pay for my citation?
2. Do I have to appear in court?
3. What happens when I appear in court?
4. What are the different pleas I may enter?
5. What if I wish to enter a plea of Not Guilty?
6. What if I want a trial?
7. What happens if I do not do anything?
8. Do I need an attorney?
9. Will I lose my license due to points?
10. What happens to fines/forfeitures paid on citations?
11. How do I obtain an Occupational Driver's License?
12. How do I apply for Traffic Safety School?
13. What are Tax Intercepts?