McFarland Community Grant
The Village Board established funding within its annual budget for a Community Grant Program (PDF). This funding allows for financial support to be provided within the community in ways that go beyond what the Village offers through the array of services provided. The intent is to foster programs and ideas that create a healthier and more equitable environment within the community by catalyzing project to improve the quality of life. Please consult the list of eligible groups that may access the funds for the fundable projects listed. We look forward to receiving your applications!
Community organizations that are an active group or organization that regularly meets within the Village of McFarland that is tax exempt pursuant to Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or that provide charitable services, sponsorships, or donations within the Community without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital status, arrest or conviction record, military status, or any other legally protected status.
The following entities are not eligible to apply for the grant program:
- Individual applicant.
- Organizations awarded one grant within the same calendar year.
- Kindergarten through Grade 12 education institutions (unless said institution has an incorporated, non-profit element that submits an application).
- Post-secondary educational institutions.
- Religious organizations seeking to use grant proceeds for religious purposes, whether directly or indirectly, as determined by the Village.
- Foundations or other organizations utilizing funds exclusively for personal expenses.
Funding requests with a strong and realistic plan for success as follows:
- Enhancement of community/neighborhood engagement, special event development, and/or public education.
- Youth mentoring and education.
- New, small capital projects and/or equipment.
- Promotion of health, wellness, food security, and natural care.
- Advancement of sustainable ideas for the better of the local environment.
- Adult education and workforce development.
- Other funding may be considered if in the sole discretion of the Village it is determined the request enhances the quality of life within the Community.
Submitting for a Request
All submitted requests are subject to the Village's Community Grant Policy (PDF); please familiarize yourself with the policy contained therein prior to submitting any information. If needing further information, please contact Village Administrator, Matt Schuenke.
Request information may be submitted via one of the following: