Include all this information when requesting an inspection:
- Contact Person's Name
- General Contractor's Name
- Permit Number
- Street Address
- Telephone Number(s)
- Type of Inspection
Village Ordinances and State Statutes require that the project be inspected at different times throughout the construction process. The permit holder is responsible for contacting our office to schedule these inspections. Inspections may be requested by phone, fax, or email.
Water & Sewer Lateral Inspections
For a water and sewer lateral inspection, please call the Public Works Department at 608-838-7287. Include the time that the work will be ready for inspection. All lateral inspection requests must be done a minimum of one business day in advance of the inspection.
Inspection Check List
- Water and sewer lateral inspection
- Building footings inspection
- Building foundation inspection
- Building drain tile inspection (if required)
- Under basement floor plumbing inspection
- Building electric service inspection
- Building rough inspections:
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- These should be called in at the same time by the General Contractor
- Insulation inspection
- Final Inspections for occupancy
- Make sure all work is completed before contacting us for an inspection. A re-inspection fee will be charged if the inspector has to make a return visit.
- Electrical service inspections will not be done until the structure is roofed.
- Any failed inspection or minor correction on an inspection will require a re-inspection. Follow the same procedure for the re-inspect as you did scheduling the initial one. A re-inspection fee may be charged.
- Village of McFarland inspections do not relieve the contractor of code compliance concerning Uniform Dwelling Code (UDC) applicable codes and ordinances.